OCTOBER 11: Who Am I?
1. When have you “stepped over” someone in need of help?
Do you regret not offering to help the person? What will
you do differently the next time you pass someone in need?
3. In what ways can you be an example to others on their
journey of faith? What have you learned while on your
walk with God that you would like to teach others?
4. Name two specific ways in which you can minister to
another person in the coming week. What do you hope
to show this person through your actions?
5. If you could write a note of gratitude to someone who has
had a deep and abiding influence on your life but who is
now deceased, what would the note say? What would you
want this person to know about his or her effect on your
personal and spiritual growth?
1. Have you ever had an experience like the writer of today’s
meditation in which it has been difficult to describe who
you are as a person? Why was it difficult? What did this
experience teach you about yourself?
2. How do you define your identity? How do you think God
wants us to define our identity as God’s children? Are
these two the same for you? Why or why not?
3. The title of this meditation is “Who Am I?” How would
you answer this question in two sentences or less? Given
your answer, is there anything that you would like to
change about yourself? If so, what?
4. Do you think other people see you as you see yourself?
5. In what ways does your church community play a role in
shaping your identity and the way you understand yourself? Would your answer to the question “Who am I?” be
different if you were not part of a church community?
OCTOBER 18: Stepping Over