SEPTEMBER 27: Prayer Changed Me
1. Name some people who have been an example to you on
your faith journey. In what ways were they an example?
Is there a memory that stands out when you think of
people who have taught you by example?
2. Whom in scripture do you rely on as an example for your
life? Why do you rely on them?
3. Has there ever been a time in your life when you have
resisted God’s call to take on a certain task or help in a
situation? What was God calling you to do? How did you
answer God’s call? What was the outcome?
4. Name some of the gifts and different roles in which people
serve within your faith community. In what ways are each
of these contributions important? What is your gift and
how do you use it to serve?
5. If you could serve God in any one role in which you do not
currently serve, what would it be and why?
1. Do you think God hears the prayers of everyone in the
world at once? If so, how? Are some prayers more important to God than others? Why or why not?
2. Name a time when prayer changed you or altered a situation in your life. Were you the one praying or were prayers
being offered for you or both? How did prayer change
3. How often do you pray? Do you have a favorite place to
pray? Are there certain times of day in which you like to pray?
4. Think of a time when prayer did not change the result of
a situation but did change your outlook on the situation.
Describe the experience. What did it teach you about prayer?
5. In what ways has prayer changed your relationship with
God over time? In what ways would you like prayer to
change your relationship with God in the future?
OCTOBER 4: Leading by Example