SEPTEMBER 13: Making the Call
1. First Corinthians 12: 20 is the quoted verse for today’s
meditation. Name some other scripture verses that speak
to the idea that we each have unique gifts to offer God.
2. Why do you think it is that people sometimes attribute
more importance to serving one role in church over
another? Are there certain roles that are more important
than others? Why or why not?
4. What characters in scripture had their plans interrupted
by God? With which of these characters do you most
closely relate? Why?
5. The writer of today’s meditation speaks about leaving
undone the things God wants us to leave undone. What
does God want you to leave undone today?
1. Recall a time when you needed to forgive someone and it
was challenging to do so. What was the situation? Why
was it hard to forgive the person? Were you able to fully
forgive the person? What is your relationship with this
person like today?
2. When have you needed forgiveness for something you
have done to another person? Did the person forgive
you? What was this experience like for you?
3. When a person asks for forgiveness for something they
have said or done, how can we tell whether he or she is
being sincere? Is it even important that we can tell? Why
or why not?
4. Does God require us to forgive someone who has not
asked for forgiveness, who has not repented?
5. This meditation speaks about God’s power to make all
things new. When have you experienced God making
something new in your life? What would you like to ask
God to make new in your life today?
6. Can you imagine a situation when forgiveness would not
be the best choice? Describe that circumstance.
SEPTEMBER 20: Differing Roles