AN EASY PLAN TO USE
The Upper Room
IN SMALL GROUPS
Christ is among us in fresh ways when we gather together,
listening to God and to one another.
Once a week, gather with other believers to share a longer
devotional time of about an hour. You may meet any time during
the week and replace that day’s reading with Wednesday’s reading.
• Begin by reading the Bible passage on the Read line and the
day’s meditation, allowing silence for at least a minute afterwards. Then ask members to turn to the questions for that date
listed below or on one of the following pages.
• Ask someone to read aloud the questions one by one, giving
each group member the opportunity to answer after each
question. If anyone prefers not to answer a particular question,
move on to the next person.
• Discuss how everyone thinks differently, and try to hear what
the Holy Spirit may be saying to you in all this.
• Decide what you will do with God during the week.
• Be quiet and pray together.
For a more detailed meeting guide, see
MAY 3: The Wind at Your Back
1. Do you think it should be easier for Christians to “control
their demons” than it is for non-Christians? Why or why not?
2. What scripture passages come to mind when you think
about God’s grace and forgiveness? Which of these are most
encouraging for you?
3. Have you ever found it difficult to forgive yourself for something you have done? Why was it difficult? Is it helpful to
know that God forgives us and forgets about what we have
done? Why or why not?
4. Think of a situation in your life today in which you would