AUGUST 23: Working for the Lord
1. When people say they are “working for the Lord,” what do you
imagine them doing? How do you work for the Lord?
2. Do you feel like your daily tasks are part of your Christian
service? Why or why not? What would make it easier for you to
serve God in your daily life?
3. Name some ways you have served others in the past few weeks.
Did you serve in these ways because of your faith or for another
reason? How important to your faith is it for you to serve others?
4. Whitney says, “We are called to serve with integrity, a
positive attitude, and ethical work habits in . . . whatever our
occupation.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
What other words would you use to describe service to God?
5. In what ways does your church encourage people to serve?
How could your church acknowledge and appreciate the talents
and service of a wider range of people?
5. What does it mean to you to be a follower of Jesus? What are
some characteristics of a faithful disciple?
AUGUST 30: A Good Representative
1. What was your first reaction to today’s meditation? How do you
relate to Maaraidzo’s experience?
2. When have you been asked to represent another person or
group of people? How did you feel about being a representative? How did others receive you?
3. What makes someone a good representative? What characteristics, behaviors, or skills would you want someone to have if they
were going to represent you?
4. Who is the best ambassador for Christ that you know? What
makes this person such a good ambassador? How do they practice their faith and share it with others?
5. Today’s writer says, “I am a good representative when I cease
to live for myself and live for Christ.” What does it mean to you
to cease to live for yourself? How will you live more for Christ