AN EASY PLAN TO USE
The Upper Room
IN SMALL GROUPS
Christ is among us in fresh ways when we gather together,
listening to God and to each other.
Once a week, gather with other believers to share a longer
devotional time of about an hour. You may meet any time during
the week and replace that day’s reading with Wednesday’s reading.
• Begin by reading the Bible passage on the Read line and the
day’s meditation, allowing silence for at least a minute afterwards. Then ask members to turn to the questions for that date
listed below or on one of the following pages.
• Ask someone to read aloud the questions one by one, giving
each group member the opportunity to answer after each
question. If anyone prefers not to answer a particular question,
move on to the next person.
• Discuss how everyone thinks differently, and try to hear what
the Holy Spirit may be saying to you in all this.
• Decide what you will do with God during the week.
• Be quiet and pray together.
For a more detailed meeting guide, see
JULY 5: Answer to Prayer
1. When have you felt inspired to create something? Why were
you inspired? What did you create? What did you do with your
creation when it was complete?
2. Recall a time when you sensed God encouraging you to do
something for someone else. How did you recognize God’s
voice in that moment? How did you respond?
3. Do you have friends or family members who are not Christians?
If so, describe your relationship with them. What is challenging
or frustrating about those relationships? How have those relationships surprised you or encouraged you?